- 1 lb. Wimmer’s Cotto Salami, sliced
- 6 English muffins, split in halves
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- ½ tube anchovy paste, optional
- ½ can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 (2 ½ oz.) jar stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 cup small whole mushrooms, sautéed in butter
- ½ lb. Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Brush each muffin half with oil.
- Spread a very think coating of anchovy paste over the muffins; follow with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Arrange sliver of salami, sliced olives and mushrooms on the muffins.
- Place slices of cheese over the top so that the whole muffin is covered.
- Bake in 350º oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut each into quarters and serve hot.
Makes 48 appetizers.