- 8 oz. Wimmer’s Cured Smoked Beef, cut in small pieces
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen crinkle-cut French fried potatoes
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bake cream sauce with melted butter, flour, salt and milk.
- Heat slowly and stir constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, cured smoked beef and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place potatoes in a buttered 1 ½-quart casserole.
- Pour sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 35 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.