- 1 ½ pound Wimmer’s Bratwurst Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 ½ cups beer
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 bay leaf
- Cut sausages in 1-inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot, saute onions and carrots in oil until tender.
- Add sausages and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add more beer or water if necessary.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.
Makes 6 servings.