- 4 Wimmer’s Bratwurst
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz.) tomato soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Trim outer leaves of cabbage and toss out.
- Remove 4 good leaves and boil about 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Chop remaining cabbage and cook about 5 minutes; drain well.
- Mix soup with milk, salt, pepper, onion and mustard and heat, stirring until well blended.
- Heat sausages in boiling water about 3 minutes; drain.
- Place sausages on cabbage leaves.Make a slit in each sausage and fill with 1 tablespoon of soup mixture.
- Roll cooked cabbage leaves around each sausage and place in a 1 ½ quart baking dish.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over cabbage rolls and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Microwave covered on high 6 to 10 minutes or until heated through completely.
- Rotate dish several times.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings.